Re: RPMB operation with auto-cmd12 host controller

On 6 November 2018 at 16:13, Clément Péron <peron.clem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 at 10:57, Clément Péron <peron.clem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Avri,

>> > Is this happening while you testing your multi-ioctl code?
>> > Or are you using single ioctl?
>>
>> Yes I use a custom mmc-utils using MMC_IOC_MULTI_CMD ioctl.
>>
>> This works fine with another board and a SDHCI controller that didn't
>> have the auto-cmd12 feature.
>
> Can confirm this i have disable the ACMD12 feature in the SDHCI controller.
> And disable this CAP in the DT and RPMB are fine :).
>
> Not sure how to fix it properly however :(

The RPMB partitions are registered only for controllers supporting
CMD23, which is indicated via MMC_CAP_CMD23. See mmc_decode_ext_csd().

In other words, the patch looks good to me!

Would you mind re-posting a proper patch, with updated changelog, a
good commit message header and add your sob tag.

This should be added tagged for stable as well, however I will look
into that once you re-posted a new version.

Kind regards
Ulf Hansson

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]