MMC shutdown takes several seconds

Hi!

I’m trying to implement a quick but save shutdown on an iMX7 platform with eMMC. When looking closer into the various contributors to the shutdown time, I noticed that the MMC driver takes ~2.5s to shut down. Is this expected? Is this likely host or device dependant or due to the generic MMC drivers in Linux? What is the driver actually doing during this time?

I’m on a 4.9.46 kernel (https://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc/tree/4.1-2.0.x-imx).

Any hints are appreciated :) Thanks!

Best regards,
Sven

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]