MMC flash is very slow since 4.14 - "mmc: Delete bounce buffer handling" was the problem

Hey all,

I have a problem with mmc flash on an i.mx 25 architecture. Im running it with Linux 4.14.x and the flash is really slow.
I digged a little bit deeper into this problem and it has nothing to do with the driver (sdhci-esdhci-imx.c), because all registers for the SDHCI have the same values in a kernel before 4.14 and in the current 4.14 kernel.

I figured out that following commit "mmc: Delete bounce buffer handling"  is the problem. I compiled my kernel without that patch and everything is running fine. There is a patch "mmc: sdhci: Avoid swiotlb buffer being full" and  I hoped this will fix the problem but it doesn't.. But maybe it doesn't fixed it for the imx driver.

Hopefully anybody can help me with this problem. But I thought somebody with a better understanding of the mmc core components knows how to handle this problem (maybe somebody from linaro, because the two patches come from them).

Kind regards,
Benjamin