Re: SD card reader problems on Cherry-Trail

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> + Adrian

/cut
>> - With high speed SDHC cards I get a weird behavior where apparently
>> there is no problem but it's impossible to format the card. mkfs.ext4
>> gets stuck at:
>>
>> Discarding device blocks:    4096/3778299

Just discovered that this is just reeeeeally slow, not stuck. Still
something is fishy about this.

/cut
> Looping in Adrian, as he maintains sdhci.
>
> I guess some more useful information would also be about what commit
> you are running and whether this is a regression or not.

Yeah, some more info:

- Reproduced with the latest master on linus repo (4.14.0-rc3)
- No idea if this is a regression or not. This is a new hardware we
are trying to enable and I have never seen it working fine (I should
blindly try some old kernel)
- Windows is working fine so not an HW issue
- CPU is x5-Z8350

Thanks,

--
Carlo Caione  |  +39.340.80.30.096  |  Endless