RTSX random behavior (on 10ec:5286)

Hi,
here at Endless we are enabling a laptop (ASUS Z550MA) that is showing
a really random behavior with the RTSX driver. The hardware is
10ec:5286.

Every time we reboot this laptop with no SD card inserted in the slot
we hit (randomly) one of the following cases:

1) The probe of rtsx_pci fails with a timeout (rtsx_pci_send_cmd 323).
See [1]. SD card reader doesn't work at all in this case.

2) When issuing the MS_TPC_SET_RW_REG_ADRS command the transaction
fails (MS_TRANS_CFG: 0x10). See [2]

3) A phantom (not present) DUO card is detected in the slot. See [3].

4) A phantom (not present) card with (type, category, class) == (0x04,
0x04, 0x04) is detected in the slot. The log is basically the same as
[3] but with a different type of card detected.

Any idea what's going on or any hint to better debugging this situation?

Thank you,

[1] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/ukLr~Z4fcrVw-g4sMSiBNg
[2] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/MZN9QbBwNd8okKyBIr7NiA
[3] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/E45yNAkgTPDblb9sApTvnQ