Rebasing mmc/next

Hi Ulf,

It looks like you rebase mmc/next almost daily. Is there any specific reason
for that?

I'm asking because I create a "renesas-drivers" tree on a regular basis
(cfr. e.g. https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-renesas-soc/msg15111.html).
This tree is meant to ease development of platform support and drivers
for Renesas ARM SoCs. It is created by merging (a) the for-next branches
of various subsystem trees and (b) branches with driver code submitted
or planned for submission to maintainers into the development branch of
Simon Horman's renesas.git tree.

If for (b), people submit driver code based on mmc/next, it may start
to conflict
with subsequent mmc/next releases soon, requiring the submitter or me to
rebase the code before including it in renesas-drivers.

Most subsystem maintainers don't rebase their for-next branch, unless there's
a very good reason for it (e.g. a serious breakage hindering bisection).

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds