Re: BayTrail-T SDIO PM issue

On 27 July 2016 at 19:57, Laszlo Fiat <laszlo.fiat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Historically we had to add some out-of-tree mmc patches [1] for
> BayTrail-T to run stable.
> This was reduced to only 1 patch [2] by linux v4.6.4 thanks to the
> work of Adrian and Ulf.
> Without patch [2] we get: irq 187: nobody cared [3] and instability.
>
> However patch [2] cannot be applied to v4.7 any more, as patch [4]
> removed the base of it.
> I can partly revert patch [4] and reapply patch [2] on linux v4.7 to
> achieve stability, but it would be nice to have a proper solution for
> this, and get rid of out-of-tree patches once and for all.

Agree, as I think it's probably not only Baytrail that suffer from
this. Although it seems like some Baytrail developer need to take a
lead on this.

Regarding patch[2], in general it seems like the correct approach
(although perhaps not applied to generic sdhci code, but in sdhci
variants).
In some case the SoC/mmc-controller can support a different wakeup
setting that doesn't require the clock to be ungated to wakeup on SDIO
irq...

> I can help with testing.

That's great, thanks for volunteering!

Anybody with a Baytrail or someone whit similar issue for SDIO irq and
sdhci that can help?

> Thank you.
>
> Bye,
>
> Laszlo Fiat