Re: ARM: shmobile: Koelsch fails to resume due to sh_mobile_sdhi or regulator-fixed

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 04:28:39PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> r8a7791/Koelsch fails to resume from s2ram with

>     CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE=y
>     CONFIG_REGULATOR_GPIO=y
>     CONFIG_MMC_SDHI=y

> Disabling CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE or CONFIG_MMC_SDHI,
> or both, fixes resume.

> Note that SDHI on r8a7791 uses both regulator-fixed and regulator-gpio.
> However, CONFIG_REGULATOR_GPIO doesn't seem to have any impact
> on the resume failure, it resumes fine with CONFIG_REGULATOR_GPIO=y.

> Anyone with a clue?

No idea, I expect it's some bug in the board description - both that
regulator driver and that MMC driver should be very well tested.  Given
the lack of traces are you sure that the system is actually suspending
successfully and not just crashing?  First guess would be that the
regulator is being powered off on suspend and the hardware is trying to
boot from a powered off device on resume but that really is just a guess.