Re: Changing the way MMC block request ends

Hi Subhash,

On Fri, Apr 06 2012, Subhash Jadavani wrote:
> I looked into blk_update_bidi_request() function and it mainly updates bio's
> of a request and doesn't look to do any manipulation with request queue
> structure of block device. There are many block drivers (SCSI, IDE etc .) other
> than MMC uses blk_end_request() rather than __blk_end_request(). Was
> there any special reason we are using __blk_end_request() in MMC block
> driver? If there is no specific reason, I would like to post a patch which would
> make MMC driver to use blk_end_request().

It looks like we've been using __blk_end_request() since fd539832c in
2007, which is as long as we've been using the blk_end_request API.

I haven't looked into it more closely, but it seems so far like there
is no specific reason, and you should go ahead and post a patch along
with your experimental results.  Thanks!

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child