Re: mmc: sdio: runtime PM and 8686 problems

I've had a play with the nRESET line (as far as I can tell it is the only pin I have access to), and no joy.

Also tried playing about a bit with the CMD sequence, again no joy.

I'm not entirely sure of the CMD sequence. It seems we get:
  - CMD52 (x2)
  - CMD0
  - CMD8 (fails)
  - CMD5 (fails)

In the "SDIO Simplified Specification Version 2.00" (https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/sdio/sdio_spec/Simplified_SDIO_Card_Spec.pdf) page 6 it seems only a CMD52 should be required to "Re-init IO". Previous thread posts state CMD5 (x2) are required by the 8686, but why CMD0/CMD8?

Incidentally errors only occur after the CMD0, but before the first error we get (i.e. a change of cs from 1 to 0):
"mmc1: clock 400000Hz busmode 2 powermode 2 cs 0 Vdd 20 width 0 timing 0".

Any thoughts?

I think we've probably hit the end of the line here, unless someone else pops up who knows more about the Gumstix (i.e. has access to a schematic) or the W2CBW003 and it's SD8686 internals.

Thanks for the help anyway chaps!

Cheers,
Joe