Re: Licensing problem in drivers/mmc/card/block.c

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 09 2011, Alexey Zaytsev wrote:
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but It seems that additional
> restrictions are imposed on the distribution of the code here [..]

I think you're wrong, because in this case the request is not an
*additional* restriction -- GPLv2 section 1 already demands that
you "keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and
to the absence of any warranty", which is exactly what's being
demanded by the text you quoted.

So it's not an additional restriction, it's just a reminder that
you have to follow the existing restriction of GPLv2 section 1
when redistributing.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--