Re: Testing Infrastructure for SD/MMC Commands

Hi Shashidhar,

On Tue, Aug 16 2011, Shashidhar Hiremath wrote:
> i am planning to come up with a module that would help for testing
> the SD/MMC controller to see if supports the particular command.
>
> For example ,Through this module , we will be able to see if a
> particular command has been accepted by the device and whether device
> has responded in the expected manner or not by checking its response.
>
> Can I get some points on how useful this infrastructure would be ,and
> any inputs on what else to cover under this ?

You could consider using John Calixto's CMD passthrough ioctl for this,
and writing your tests in userspace:

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=cb87ea28ed9e75a41eb456bfcb547b4e6f10e750

It would be great to include your finished tool in a testsuite, both for
testing card commands and for testing the ioctl functionality itself.  :)

Thanks!

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx>   <http://printf.net/>