Re: -ENOSYS suspend-powerdown regression

On 6 July 2011 16:53, Daniel Drake <dsd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, done. Sorry for the delay in getting to this.
>
> Unfortunately something is still weird, this is possibly a case that
> we missed before.
>
> Even if I just do the simplistic test of booting, and then suspending
> (without loading the libertas driver), things go wrong:
> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20110706/dmesg.txt
>
> I added printk's in mmc_power_save_host and mmc_power_restore_host.
> The strange thing is that it tries to resume mmc1 even though it is
> powered down and there is no available driver, and also that it then
> tries to power it down again (but it is already off).

I tested vanilla and realised that this bug exists there too - it is
not related to your patch. So lets ignore it for now so that we can
get unblocked on the runtime PM work.

Your latest patch works fine. Card got powered down during suspend,
and powered on,off,on during resume (as expected) and probed fine and
continued working :)

So I'd say we're good to go on this one and move onto the other pending stuff.

Thanks!
Daniel