RE: SD8686 fast power-cycle problems

From: dsd.olpc@xxxxxxxxx [dsd.olpc@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniel Drake [dsd@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:33 AM
To: Philip Rakity
Cc: Zhangfei Gao; Bing Zhao; Benson Chau; linux-mmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SD8686 fast power-cycle problems

On 17 June 2011 19:49, Philip Rakity <prakity@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> sdio_reset is harmless to non-sdio devices.  Especially since it is in the main power up path.
>
> I see no reason this should be done.  Can you prepare a patch ?

A patch to remove the sdio_reset() call from mmc_rescan_try_freq()? If
my understanding is correct, that one is needed, as you will need to
do a reset after failing to probe at one freq and then trying another
one.

Or do you mean a patch to add sdio_reset() into the runtime PM powerup
path? That would be harmless, would increase consistency between the
codepaths, and would solve this issue, so naturally has my vote :)

Add sdio_reset() !!  To the code path
Thanks
Daniel