Re: MMC runtime PM patches break libertas probe

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Bing Zhao <bzhao@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If we power down the sd8686, and power it up again, without toggling
>> the reset pin at all (e.g. keep it always high), will the card work ?
>
> Yes. The card should work without toggling the reset pin.

Thanks.

Just for closure-sake, can you please confirm that the sd8686 requires
sending a CMD5 arg=0 as part of the initialization sequence after
powering it on ?

(we'd probably add it anyway, but it'd be nice to get a confirmation
about this from you guys)

Btw, it will be nice to allow cards to avoid sending this if not
required; a simple card quirk will do. wl12xx will definitely use such
a quirk.