Re: how to unbind current mmc driver to bind mmc-test driver?

Hi Robert,

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 01:58:13PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   ever willing to embarrass myself in public, i'm going to ask how to
> load and invoke the mmc_test driver on my ubuntu laptop, which is
> currently running my hand-rolled super-recent, 2.6.39+ kernel.
>
>   i'm following along in the script here:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mmc/msg05835.html
>
> and it seems pretty straightforward -- i interpret all of that as that
> one needs first to find the driver that is currently bound to the
> device (mmc-block?), unbind it, then bind to the mmc test driver.
> that seems easy enough except that this loop in the script:

> is clearly looking for the *current* driver but, on my system, there
> is none.  on this laptop, the MMC card slot appears to be managed by
> the SCSI driver and USB storage, so there is no symlink there; hence,
> the script fails in the next check:

You don't actually have a drivers/mmc device, then -- a controller
somewhere is making your SD slot look like a mass storage device,
in hardware.  The drivers/mmc stack is for devices that aren't
being mediated in this way.

--
Chris Ball   <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child