Re: [RFC]mmc: fix dead lock issue when system entering S3

Hey,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Dong, Chuanxiao
<chuanxiao.dong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just found Andrei Warkentin also submitted a RFC patch, which included more fix for mounted root file system media. Please ignore this thread.

I submitted an RFC patch as an idea up for discussion, but certainly
the issue never went away :-).. Your patch will not quite work. If you
have a filesystem it will not unmount, so mmc0 (for example) will
never release, so when a new (or same) card re-enumerates, it will be
mmc1...

I believe my patch basically created "md orphans" which would be
reconnected on resume, which is bit of a really nasty hack... I'm not
sure if there is a better way. I could have sworn I saw a patch a week
ago that attempted to resolve the suspend/resume with mounted fs issue
by deferring removal until resume, but I don't see it now, and I'm not
sure if it dealt well with the whole attempting to unmount fs in mmc
block cleanup path...

I guess I can resubmit...