Re: [RFC} sdhci.c set_ios -- disable global interrupts and Question on Power Management

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 09:27:52AM -0800, Philip Rakity wrote:

> I wonder if I can remove the locking (spin_lock).  The disable and enable irq should be enough.

I discussed this shortly with Sascha yesterday and we agree the core serializes
requests to the host (by means of mmc_claim_host and synchronus requests).
Protecting only the interrupts works for drivers like pxa and mxc. Such locking
might or might not be not enough for sdhci, but that would have to be carefully
evaluated. Should be worth trying, though (unless we missed something).

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |