Re: working around a Marvell wifi SDIO bug

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:52 AM, zhangfei gao <zhangfei.gao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In marvell platfrom, we handle gpio related behavior via rfkill,
> 1. platfrom transfer gpio pin via platfrom data, so different platform
> could have different gpio
> 2. rfkill block/unblock wifi/bt etc, to pull up/down gpio.
> 3. using rfkill to handle power saving mode

SDIO core is designed to have full control over the card's power, and
manipulates it upon boot (/card insertion), system suspend/resume
(unless told not to), and when enabled, upon relevant runtime pm
changes (driver loading/unloading/pm_runtime_* requests).

If you require an external intervention to power on/off your card, how
is this all going to work ?

that's both cumbersome and error prone:
1. This external intervention might not always be there when you need it
2. This external intervention can possibly happen when you _don't_ need it

In addition, it sounds like something you better off not having to
maintain.. A solution that would just work within the MMC core is IMHO
much better.