Re: [RFC] MMC: Proposals on reworking clock and power management

Nicolas,

<snip >

>>    2.a) Card sleep, Power cutoff to the card:
>>      This should be handled in the core where based on block layer
>>      activity, calling corresponding API's from bus layer:
>>      mmc_power_save_host/ mmc_power_restore_host
>
> Same issue here.  Card power is for the core to decide, but the
> controller driver may perform opportunistic power down of the controller
> itself when it is possible and the core does not need to know about it.

I think card power decision is taken care in the core as per below patch :
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/226631/

And regarding "opportunistic power down of the controller" can be done by
adapting driver to PM-Runtime

<snip>

Regards,
Kishore