Re: SDIO runtime crash on resume

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> can you please tell me if you can reproduce this with mmc-next ?
>
> Can you please also send full logs (from boot to crash preferably) + .config ?

Please 'echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk' before generating the logs.

Some additional questions (some of them will be answered by the
logs+config you will send, but in case you're not in front of the
setup you can just answer those directly):

- What is your mmc host ? sdhci-pci presumably ? I might be able to
get such hardware.. But not before next week (LPC).. Hey any chance
you or Chris plan to attend LPC with this setup ? I'm going to be
there and if I had your setup with a reproducible bug that would make
this very easy to fix...

- During boot, was you card identified and added (i assume yes) ?

- After boot, was your card powered down (i assume yes) ?
  check this out by:
  mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
  cat /sys/kernel/debug/mmc1/ios

- Just for general knowledge - as soon as you load your driver
(libertas, right ?) - was your card powered up and correctly
configured (sdio clock/voltage/bus width. again check with
/sys/kernel/debug/mmc2/ios) ?

> mmc1: error -110 during resume (card was removed?)

I assume there are no failures before it ? the system was correctly suspended ?

Anyway this timeout (-110) shouldn't happen. The device might still be
powered off for some reason. I guess the timeout is coming from
mmc_sdio_init_card(). I just wonder whether it's coming already from
mmc_send_io_op_cond(), or whether it's a side effect of 9b966aae64 and
thus it's coming from a later stage of mmc_sdio_init_card. If you can
please put some pr_info("%s %d: ret %d\n", __func__, __LINE__, ret)
lines throughout that function that could be great.

>> mmc1: card 0001 removed

care to put a dump_stack() in the beginning of mmc_remove_card() ?

>> IP: [<b05e9d95>] __pm_runtime_idle+0x15/0x53

That can be all sort of badness.

I'll wait for the logs+more info (+chance to have this setup in LPC ;)
and we'll continue from there.

Thanks,
Ohad.