Re: [RFC] sdhci: add support for sd 3.0 host and hooks for dual data rate eMMC

Hi Philip,

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:27:12PM -0700, Philip Rakity wrote:
> This code has not been tested on mmc-test but has been patched against.  I have run it against 2.6.32 (with some minor changes).
>
> I wanted to give folks a chance to comment before making it a formal patch.  The code add the hooks into the sdhci layer for
> version 3.0 of the controller, including mmc/eMMC dual data rate support (ddr).    The next RFC adds support for DDR at the mmc layer

This doesn't apply against mmc-next, in part because it duplicates code
from Zhangfei's SDHC 3.0 patches in mmc-next here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git;a=commit;h=90ce6eed919bf30fa545bbe93265bc6c463cedda
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git;a=commit;h=07f1a246a56b12fe85897580cc696160f41e3983
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git;a=commit;h=0bd7f9f081e9131d4d724f3a3bd19a500c10a5e3

and from Hanumath's DDR 4.4 patch, and Adrian's additions to it, which I
haven't merged into -next yet but plan to soon -- I've been waiting for
more feedback on them.  They already add DDR support at the MMC layer:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/177312/
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/177332/

If you could study these and rebase your patch on top of all of them,
it would help us see what you're changing.

Thanks,

--
Chris Ball   <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child