TI OMAP3430 Host controller query

Hi

I was referring to the OMAP3430 Host controller in 2.6.29.4 kernel for
some study purpose and have some queries related to it.
The card insertion/removal interrupt handler invokes a workqueue
function mmc_omap_detect() which calls mmc_detect_change i.e process
change of state on a MMC socket where we schedule a workqueue function
at host->detect with some delay.
This delay time is different for insertion/removal scenarios.
Can anyone please clarify me why do we have different delays in
insertion/removal? Does it have any specific reason?

Thanks
Nitish