Re: How to make kernel block layer generate bigger request in the request queue?

>> Did I miss something to make the block layer generate bigger size
>> data for every request in the request queue?  Below is part of my
>> source code. Any comments are highly appreciated. Thank you in
>> advance.

Robert> 8 sectors is 4KB, that's the size of a page. If the pages that
Robert> are being written are not physically contiguous that may be the
Robert> best the block layer can do with the constraints you've given it
Robert> (not supporting any more than 1 DMA segment).

Correct.  It's quite unlikely for pages to be contiguous so this is the
best we can do.

Having recently done a cleanup of our segment handling I became aware
that there are many MMC devices that are single-element only.  This was
probably a sufficient approach for 32MB devices but it's time to get
with the program and implement proper scatter-gather.