Re: + sdio-pass-whitelisted-cis-funce-tuples-to-sdio-drivers.patch added to -mm tree

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:23:09 -0700 (PDT)
Albert Herranz <albert_herranz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pierre Ossman wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, my ideal solution would be something like this:
> >
> >  - We start checking the type field in cistpl_funce. We already know
> >    about types 0 and 1 (and now 4).
> >
> >  - We use this as a key for a subfunction, instead of the "func"
> >    parameter. We'd still need to verify that a type 0 is only used in
> >    the global CIS table, and a type 1 only in a local though.
> >
> >  - Any known good types are silently returned upwards, queued for the
> >    function driver.
> >
> >  - Any unknown types emit a warning in dmesg, but do not abort the
> >    init. This way we can have some kind of log if there is a parsing
> >    bug, or a buggy card.
> >
> > All of this might not be needed in an initial version, but this would
> > be the model that would make blissful. :)
> >
> > Rgds
>
> Do you mean something like the following patch? (against 2.6.31)

I'd say this is even better than what I asked for. :)

Acked-by: Pierre Ossman <pierre@xxxxxxxxx>

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
  Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
  for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
  encryption.