[LSF/MM TOPIC] The kernel address sanitizer

Hello

I'm working on the kernel address sanitizer (KASan) -
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mm/120041
KASan is runtime memory debugger designed to find use-after-free and
out-of-bounds accesses.

Seems we've come to agreement that KASan is useful and deserves to be
in mainline, yet the feedback on patches is poor.
It seems like they are stalled, so I would like to discuss the future
of it. I hope this will help in pushing it forward.

Besides we have ideas for further improvements, like:

 * Detecting reads of uninitialized memory.
 * Quarantine - delaying reallocation of freed memory to increase
chance of catching use after free bugs.
                    In combination with DEBUG_PAGEALLOC or slab
poisoning it's useful even without KASan.
 * and some more...

Perhaps it's worth to discuss them as well. I'll be able to come up
with some prototype until summit if needed.