Re: [RFC 2/3] zsmalloc/zram: add zs_get_max_size_bytes and use it in zram

Hello,

Sorry for the late response. I was on vacation and then was busy.

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 02:56:24AM +0000, David Horner wrote:

>  [2/3]
>

>  But why isn't mem_used_max writable? (save tearing down and rebuilding
>  device to reset max)

I don't know what you mean but I will make it writable so user can
reset it to zero when they want.

>  static DEVICE_ATTR(mem_used_max, S_IRUGO, mem_used_max_show, NULL);
>
>  static DEVICE_ATTR(mem_used_max, S_IRUGO | S_IWUSR, mem_used_max_show, NULL);
>
>    with a check in the store() that the new value is positive and less
> than current max?
>

>  I'm also a little puzzled why there is a new API zs_get_max_size_bytes if
>  the data is accessible through sysfs?
>  Especially if max limit will be (as you propose for [3/3]) through accessed
>  through zsmalloc and hence zram needn't access.

I don't know why you meant.
Anyway, I will resend revised version and Cc you.
Please, comment on that. :)

>   [3/3]
>  I concur that the zram limit is best implemented in zsmalloc.
>  I am looking forward to that revised code.

Thanks!