Re: [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM ATTEND] Other tracks I'm interested in (was Re: Persistent memory)

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 09:30:25AM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm interested in a persistent memory track.  There seems to be plenty
> > of other emails about this, but here's my take:
>
> I should add that I'm also interested in topics relating to the
> performance of mm and page cache under various abusive workloads.
> These include database-like things and large amounts of locked memory.

Out of curiousity, is there any data available on this against a recent
kernel? Locked memory should not cause the kernel to go to hell as the
pages should end up on the unevictable LRU list. If that is not happening,
it could be a bug. More details on the database configuration and test
case would also be welcome as it would help establish if the problem is
a large amount of memory being dirtied and then an fsync destroying the
world or something else.

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs