Re: Disabling in-memory write cache for x86-64 in Linux II

> Of course, if you don't use Linux on the desktop you don't really care - well, I do. Also
> not everyone in this world has an UPS - which means such a huge buffer can lead to a
> serious data loss in case of a power blackout.

I don't have a desk (just a lap), but I use Linux on all my computers and
I've never really noticed the problem.  Maybe I'm just very patient, or maybe
I don't work with large data sets and slow devices.

However I don't think data-loss is really a related issue.  Any process that
cares about data safety *must* use fsync at appropriate places.  This has
always been true.

=>May i ask question that, some like ext4 filesystem, if some app motify the files, it create some dirty data. if some meta-data writing to the journal disk when a power backout,
it will be lose some serious data and the the file will damage?