Why did I see isolated file/anon when system has high pgscand/s and 16 GB free memory

Hi, my apology if this question is to the wrong group but I think this is
teh group most qualified to explain the cause of the problem I saw.

Basically our application uses about 5 GB heap space (JVM), which
memory-maps about 1500 files, 100 MB, for total of 15 GB. The files are
read-mostly and many pages can be inactive.

The server runs RedHat 2.6.32-220.10.1.el6.x86_64, has 2 CPUs, 24 cores
including hyper-threading.
It has about 48 GB and thus plenty of free memory as shown meminfo output
below.   swappiness is set to 0. Other Linux kernel tunings are by default
from RH.

We ran into very intense pgscand/s even if free memory is 16 GB and we
correlated it with counts of isolated files/anon. Needless to say, when this
happens, our app slows down considerable.

We would be grateful if you could explain what happened and what settings we
should apply.

Thank you in advance,

Output of meminfo below:

MemTotal:       49358752 kB