Where Do I start ?

Hi All,
This may sound weird(and naive), but I am trying to understand the Linux Memory manager from source code point of view.
And all that I come back when I look at it is not a understandable.

I am familiar with some part of how the memory allocation works in Linux.

I also have a lot of resources like vm-thesis, ULK, LDD, articles and all.

So my basic question is, from where in source code, do I start looking the relevant concepts as their in the notes ?

Any pointers from where I can initiate is appreciated.

Thanks

Abhijit