Re: [patch 1/4 v3]swap: change block allocation algorithm for SSD

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 05:13:35PM +0900, Kyungmin Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's not related topic with this patch, but now I'm integrating with
> zswap with this patch but zswap uses each own writeback codes so it
> can't use this cluster concept.
>
> I'm still can't find proper approaches to integrate zswap (+writeback)
> with this concept.
>
> Do you have any ideas or plan to work with zswap?

I didn't look at zswap. At first glance, when zswap fallbacks to writeback, it
will make swap very sparse (so cause bad IO pattern), since some pages are
compressed, some not. Is this the problem you are trying to solve? This should
exist without my patch too. Sorry, I have no idea. I'm afraid zswap need manage
the swap partion by itself.

Thanks,
Shaohua