Re: zram on ARM

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Minchan Kim <minchan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Luigi,
>
> I am embarrassed because recently I have tried to promote zram
> from staging tree.
>
> I thought it's very stable because our production team already have
> used recent zram on ARM and they don't report any problem to me until now.
> But I'm not sure how they use it stressfully so I will check it.
> And other many project of android have used it but I doubt it's recent zram
> so it would be a problem of recent patch.
>
> Anyway I will look at it but unfortunately, as I said earlier, I should go
> to training course during 2 weeks. So reply will be late.
> I hope other people involve in during that.
>
> Thanks for the reporting.

No, it is I who should be embarrassed because my results were
premature and I jumped the gun.  The backport of ToT to 3.4 didn't
work correctly, even if it compiled.  I was getting OOPSes in zram
data transfers on x86---never mind ARM.

I am now trying a safer approach, by just applying the patch that
removes the x86 dependency.  I have tested that change on x86 and it
works fine (perhaps a bit more sluggish?  Could be subjective).  I am
still working on getting the ARM side properly tested.

Thank you and I hope your training goes well.