Re: zram OOM behavior

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012, Luigi Semenzato wrote:

> So which one should I try first, David's change or Mel's?
>
> Does Mel's change take into account the fact that the exiting process
> is already deep into do_exit() (exit_mm() to be precise) when it tries
> to allocate?

Mel's patch is addressing a separate issue since you've already proven
that your problem is calling the oom killer which wouldn't occur if your
thread had SIGKILL prior to Mel's patch.  It would allow my suggested
workaround of killing the hung task to end the livelock, though, but that
shouldn't be needed after my patch.