Re: C12 [12/19] Move kmem_cache allocations into common code.

On 08/23/2012 05:49 PM, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012, Glauber Costa wrote:
>
>> This code is prone to errors, as can be easily seen by the amount of
>> interactions it had, all of them with bugs. Our best friend in finding
>> those bugs is pinpointing the patch where it happens. Please make it easy.
>
> Yes this is pretty key stuff and I am definitely trying to make it as
> clean and easy possible.. I am trying my best but I have a limited time
> that I can spend on running tests.

That is understandable. The way to scale that is to have other people
testing the final result, and that is precisely what I am doing.

> It would help if you could try to understand the code, suggest
> improvements and verify that the changes are sane. So far I mostly see
> "this aint working" instead of an engagement with the code.

You can't be serious...
I tested every series you posted. I code reviewed all your iterations so
far. Found a bunch of bugs, debugged all of them up to v11. Pinpointed
to you the exact source of a lot of them, as a result of the
aforementioned debugging.

How isn't it engagement? Seriously?