Re: Warning on mremapped uffd-wp memory

On 01/10/2024 16:10, Peter Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2024 at 03:27:48PM +0100, Ryan Roberts wrote:
>> Hi Peter,

>> [...]
>>>
>>> Afraid I won't be able to sign up to doing that work.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, I'll probably need to postpone
>>
>> I'm not sure if there was any progress on this? We are still seeing the problem
>> on v6.12-rc1.
>
> Hi, Ryan,
>
> I haven't yet got free time to look at this, sorry.  I confess I didn't
> prioritize this as high, as I doubt anyone would make real use of it, or
> hit this issue in real workloads, and it'll even slow down generic
> workloads even if slightly.

No problem, I'm acting as the middle man really, given -rc1 is out, Mark has
been running his usual fuzzing and noted that the issue still exists. So I
thought I'd just enquire to see if you were able to make any progress. I agree
its not high priority. Although for a panic_on_warn=1 kernel (which I understand
some use in deployment), this means that user space can panic the system, so I
guess it needs to be addressed eventually.

> Do you want to have a look?  It'll be great if so.  Or I can try to find
> some time this month.

I won't personally get time to look at this, since I'm busy with some other
commitments. But I might be able to find someone to look into it. Leave it with
me for now.

Thanks,
Ryan