Re: [LTP] [linux-next:master] [mm/migrate] b28dd7507f: ltp.move_pages04.fail

Hi!
> > If we are going to stick to ENOENT for page that wasn't faulted in the
> > kernel from now on we should stick to it in the test as well.
>
> Right, it will make kernels >= 4.3 fail, though, until this series is
> upstream. I mean, it highlights a BUG, but we had a similar condition
> with the zeropage and worked around it in the test to keep it passing.

What we do in this case is that you are free to send a patch, we will do
review but the final merge will happen once the code has been released
in the upstream kernel.

> > Also I think there is a third case that we do not cover either, what
> > happens when we pass an address that is not mapped at all, e.g. NULL? Do
> > we get EFAULT as well?
>
> Yes, that's documented as EFAULT and should behave that way. I can
> extend the test to handle that as well.

Ideally the test should be ported to the new test API as well, but I can
do that later on the top of your work.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@xxxxxxx