Re: [linus:master] [mseal] 8be7258aad: stress-ng.pagemove.page_remaps_per_sec -4.4% regression

On Mon, Aug 5, 2024 at 5:13 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Aug 2024 at 16:25, Nicholas Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Can userspace on other archs not unmap their vdsos?
>
> I think they can, and nobody cares. The "context.vdso" value stays at
> some stale value, and anybody who tries to use it will just fail.

I want to seal the vdso :-), so I also care (not having it changeable
from userspace)

For the restore scenario, if vdso is sealed,  I guess CRIU won't be
able to relocate the vdso from userspace, I 'm interested in hearing
vdso dev's input on this , e.g. is that possible to make CRIU
compatible with memory sealing.