Re: [GIT PULL] non-MM updates for 6.11-rc1

On Sun, Jul 21, 2024 at 06:12:37PM GMT, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jul 2024 at 15:10, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > - In the series "treewide: Refactor heap related implementation",
> >   Kuan-Wei Chiu has significantly reworked the min_heap library code and
> >   has taught bcachefs to use the new more generic implementation.
>
> Bah. I think the users should probably have been converted in their
> own trees, instead of having this thing that caused a somewhat nasty
> conflict.
>
> I think I sorted it out correctly, but I'm not seeing why the bcachefs
> conversion was done outside the bcachefs tree.

Ergh, this turned out awkward. I originally planning on sending you that
series, but Andrew picked it up - and splitting the bcachefs patches out
from the rest of the series would made it awkward to keep track of, but
perhaps that was justified here.

I think this must have been missed in -next as well because the clock.c
changes came late (there was a bug that was uncovered by some out of
tree code, and I'm still sitting on that patch but the bug was worth
fixing).

> Kent, mind checking that I didn't do something horribly horribly bad?

Looks good, and nothing's immediately exploding when I test it, kasan
included, so I think we're good.