RE: page allocation failure

Thank you for attention and comment, here is following question.

1.     In general if order 3(32KB) is required to be allocated, if “size-32768” cache does not have available slab, then “size-32768” will request memory from buddy Here watermark is involved as important factor.

(I would like to know how to increase the number of object on the cache, because when cache is created by “kmem_cache_create”, there is only object size, but no number of the object)

ð  my understanding is correct?, please correct.

2.     In my init.rc, min_free_order_shift is set to 4.

If I decrease this value, it should be helpful.

any recommend size of “min_free_order_shift”? If I can have doc about it, it will be helpful.

>> Although you have some order-3 pages the Normal zone is not balanced for that order most probably (see __zone_watermark_ok).

I am afraid that I am not familiar with watermark”, anyway I will study in detail.

Looks “is not balanced” is related to watermark.

Thanks,

Seongho(Shawn)