[LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] A case of a CXL compressed memory tier

Hello all,

This is almost literally last minute and the work itself is only getting started. But since I'm virtually attending, I thought to give it a shot in case it is of interest.

Background: at ZeroPoint Technologies we are developing inline memory compression IP. Currently we are focusing on CXL type 3 devices (memory expanders), effectively introducing a compressed memory tier (i.e. fulfilling the OCP specification "Hyperscale CXL Tiered Memory Expander Specification”).

To utilize the memory saved due to compression, we oversubscribe the Device Physical Address Space (DPA) in addition to some custom .io interfaces. If there is interest, I would be glad to present these APIs and how the host's point of view changes compared to a "typical" memory tiering system. The goal would be to get some early feedback and direction for our upstream driver development, before we start pushing the first RFCs.

Best regards,
Yiannis

--
Yiannis Nikolakopoulos, PhD
Software Lead

ZeroPoint Technologies

Remove the waste.

Release the power.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.