Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC]mTHP reliable allocation and reclamation

On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 2:31 PM Matthew Wilcox <willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 02:22:02PM +1200, Barry Song wrote:
> > I'd like to propose a session about the allocation and reclamation of
> > mTHP. This is related to Yu Zhao's
> > TAO[1] but not the same.
>
> The important thing to understand about LSFMM is that it's NOT for
> presentations.  It's for discussion.  So there's no need to have two

I fully understand LSFMM is NOT for presentations but for discussion
while sending the proposal.

> sessions on "this is our variant of this idea".  We have a session
> scheduled for reliable allocation of large folios, and we can discuss
> both implementations in that same slot.

I'm completely open to discussing both topics in the same TAO session.
Having a separate session isn't important to me at all.

> Having slides that help us understand your problems / solutions are
> useful.  Please present them.  But we don't need a separate session.

That is exactly my purpose to present problems/solutions. Presenting
problems is quite important as we have to understand problems from
a more comprehensive perspective before taking action.

Thanks
Barry