Re: kdevops BoF at LSFMM

> On May 7, 2024, at 2:44 PM, Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear LPC session leads,
>
> We'd like to gather together and talk about current ongoing
> developments / changes on kdevops at LSFMM. Those interested in
> automation on complex workflows with kdevops are also welcomed. This
> is best addressed informally, but since I see an open slot for at
> 10:30am for Tuesday, figured I'd check to see if we can snatch it.
> BoFs for filesystems are scheduled towards the end of the conference
> on Wednesday it seems, so ideally this would just take place then, but
> the last BoF for XFS at Linux Plumbers took... 4 hours, and if such
> filesystem BoFs take place I suspect each FS developer would also want
> to attend their own respective FS BoF... so perhaps best we get a
> kdevops BoF out of the way before the respective filesystem BoFs.
>
> Agenda items?
>
> Guestfs migration progress - have we killed vagrant?
> Automation on testing filesystem baselines
> xarray / maple tree testing and userspace testing
> OpenTofu
> kdevops-results-archive split

results archive - would be nice to have utilities for
workflows (not fstests) to manage their results.

We've added robust NFS, SMB, and tmpfs support over
the past year. What about 9p? bcachefs? Others?

I'm about to add support for creating iSCSI LUNs on
demand. What about NVMeoF as file system backing store?

--
Chuck Lever