Re: [REGRESSION] Null pointer dereference while shrinking zswap

On 24/04/16 03:14PM, Nhat Pham wrote:
> Is this one of the kernel versions that was broken? That looks a bit
> odd, as zswap shrinker landed on 6.8...

Yes that is the build at commit b5ba474f3f51 ("zswap: shrink zswap pool
based on memory pressure") which is one of the kernel versions that is
broken, although the version string seems a bit confusing. This is due
to the build script invoking "make -s kernelrelease" which gives the
following:

  $ git checkout b5ba474f3f51
  [...]
  $ make -s kernelrelease
  6.7.0-rc4-00158-gb5ba474f3f51

The commit is contained in v6.8+ only as you say, so its just confusing
in the version string:

  $ git tag --contains b5ba474f3f51 | grep -v next
  v6.8
  v6.8-rc1
  v6.8-rc2
  v6.8-rc3
  v6.8-rc4
  v6.8-rc5
  v6.8-rc6
  v6.8-rc7
  v6.9-rc1
  v6.9-rc2
  v6.9-rc3
  v6.9-rc4

Please see my initial report for the detailed bisection results and the
link there to the bisection log.

Cheers and thanks for looking into this!
Christian