Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Measuring limits and enhancing buffered IO

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 08:58:28PM -0500, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> I think everything works; we need the end result to be consistent with
> some total ordering of all the writes, IOW, thread B's write (if fully
> within thread A's write) should be fully overwritten or not at all, and
> that clearly is the case. But there may be situations involving more
> than two threads where things get weirder.

Not sure if there's anything interesting or deep here, but this
situations where sometimes we've got a global lock and sometimes we've
got little locks do seem to come up - it reminded me of Suren's work on
the mmap sem recently, and I think I've seen it in other places. Feels
like it should at least have a name...