Re: [akpm-mm:mm-unstable 179/192] mm/zswap.c:825:17: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct mem_cgroup'

On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 1:53 PM Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > >       css_get(&memcg->css);
> > >                     ^~
> >
> > OK, thanks, patchset needs work for CONFIG_MEMCG=n.  I'll drop this version.
>
> Well that's annoying - the "mm: memcg: subtree stats flushing and
> thresholds" series had lots of dependencies on this series.

FWIW, the "mm: memcg: subtree stats flushing and thresholds" series
has no actual dependency on the zswap series. The conflicts come from
patch 2, which moves some code in mm/memcontrol.c, which happens to be
touched by the zswap series. The first 2 patches of the stats series
are just refactoring with no functional changes, so if those two can
remain in mm-unstable, independent of the remaining of the series or
the zswap series, then either Nhat or I could easily rebased our
patches on top of them, and you can easily move the series in & out of
mm-unstable without conflicts.

Another thing is, the only difference between v3 & v4 of the "mm:
memcg: subtree stats flushing and thresholds" series is the rebase on
top of the zswap series. So if you want, you can take both series out,
and add in v3 of the stats series instead of v4. If you need to remove
the stast series again in the future, you can leave the first two
patches to avoid conflicts with the zswap series.

I hope this helps.