Re: slab tree for next

On 1/4/22 01:21, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
> On 12/1/21 19:39, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
>> On 12/1/21 19:14, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
>>> Folks from non-slab subsystems are Cc'd only to patches affecting them, and
>>> this cover letter.
>>>
>>> Series also available in git, based on 5.16-rc3:
>>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vbabka/linux.git/log/?h=slab-struct_slab-v2r2
>>>
>>> The plan: as my SLUB PREEMPT_RT series in 5.15, I would prefer to go again with
>>> the git pull request way of eventually merging this, as it's also not a small
>>> series. I will thus reply to this mail with asking to include my branch in
>>> linux-next.
>>>
>>> As stated in the v1/RFC cover letter, I wouldn't mind to then continue with
>>> maintaining a git tree for all slab patches in general. It was apparently
>>> already done that way before, by Pekka:
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/alpine.DEB.2.00.1107221108190.2996@tiger/
>>
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> Please include a new tree in linux-next:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vbabka/linux.git slab-next
>>
>> i.e.
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vbabka/linux.git/log/?h=slab-next
>
> Hi Stephen,
>
> can you please replace the slab for-next above with the new tree I made to
> more clearly separate slab maintenance from my personal branches:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vbabka/slab.git branch for-next

Hi Stephen,

can you please start using a branch named "slab/for-next" instead of
"for-next" as I've been consolidating the naming scheme locally.

Feel free to do that switch at your own convenience, i.e. after the merge
window. I don't plan to push anything there until rc1 and will keep both old
and new name available and in sync until you confirm the switch.

Thanks,
Vlastimil