Re: mm: kernel BUG at mm/memory.c:1230

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Hugh Dickins <hughd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm keeping off the linux-next for the moment; I'll worry about this
> more if it shows up when we try 3.5-rc1.  Your fuzzing tells that my
> logic above is wrong, but maybe it's just a passing defect in next.

I have a theory about this, which might explain it.

After a couple of days of not being able to reproduce it, I've decided
to revert Mel Gorman's patch related to memory corruption in mbind().
Once I've reverted it, I wasn't able to reproduce this exact case, but
did observe several other interesting things:

 - The original mbind() memory corruption.
 - Corruption in eventfd related structures (same dump as the mbind
one, but about eventfd structure).
 - Same as above, but with flock.
 - Hit a different BUG() in mm/mempolicy.c (The one at the end of slab_node()).

Is it possible that this issue could be explained by a corruption
related to the mbind() issue?