Re: object allocation benchmark

On Wed, 9 May 2012, Pekka Enberg wrote:

> >> I have some in kernel benchmarking tools for page allocator and slab
> >> allocators. But they are not really clean patches.
> >>

> > This is the latest version of your tools that I have based on 3.3.  Load
> > the modules with insmod and it will produce an error to automatically
> > unloaded (by design) and check dmesg for the results.
>
> Anyone interested in pushing the benchmark to mainline?

It's a pretty atypical type of a benchmark that must be compiled and
loaded as a benchmark for the most accurate results, I'm not sure if we
want to carry it in the kernel or not.  I got these from when Christoph
initially sent them for your tree.  If there's a renewed interest, let me
know and I'll send you the ported changes (pagealloc_test.c, slab_test.c,
and vmstat_test.c).