[LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] BoF VM live migration over CXL memory​

Hi folks-

if it's not too late for the schedule...

I am starting to tackle VM live migration and hypervisor clustering over switched CXL memory[1][2], intended for cloud virtualization types of loads.

I'd be interested in doing a small BoF session with some slides and get into a discussion/brainstorming with other people that deal with VM/LM cloud loads. Among other things to discuss would be page migrations over switched CXL memory, shared in-memory ABI to allow VM hand-off between hypervisors, etc...

A few of us discussed some of this under the ZONE_XMEM thread, but I figured it might be better to start a separate thread.

If there is interested, thank you.

[1]. High-level overview available at http://nil-migration.org/
[2]. Based on CXL spec 3.0

--
Peace can only come as a natural consequence
of universal enlightenment -Dr. Nikola Tesla